3. HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA ON OUR WEBSITE?
From our website, we collect your Personal Data in the following ways:
(a) IP address
We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website.
The information that we collect is then used to ensure a more personalized service level for our users. You can adjust settings on your browser so that you will be notified when you receive a cookie. Please refer to your browser documentation to check if cookies have been enabled on your computer or to request not to receive cookies.
As cookies allow you to take advantage of some of the Website’s essential features, we recommend that you accept cookies. For instance, if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you will not be able to use any products or services on the website that may require you to log-in (token holdings store cookies for favorite).
It is important that you prevent unauthorized access to your password and your computer. You should always log out after using a shared computer. Information collected from cookies is used by us to evaluate the effectiveness of our site, analyze trends, and manage the platform. The information collected from cookies allows us to determine such things as which parts of our site are most visited and difficulties our visitors may experience in accessing our site.
(c) User feedback form
Our feedback form requires you to give us contact information (e.g. your name and email address) so that we can respond to your comments. We use your contact information from the registration form to send you information about our company. Your contact information is also used to contact you where necessary.
(d) General Site tracking
We also use third party service provider(s), to assist us in better understanding the use of our site. Our service provider(s) will place cookies on the hard drive of your computer and will receive information that we select, for example, how visitors navigate around our site, what pages are browsed and general transaction information. Our service provider(s) analyzes this information and provides us with aggregate reports.
The information and analysis provided by our service provider(s) will be used to assist us in better understanding our visitors' interests in our site and how to better serve those interests. The information collected by our service provider(s) may be linked to and combined with information that we collect about you while you are using the platform. Our service provider(s) is/are contractually restricted from using information they receive from our Site other than to assist us.
(e) Web Server site visits logging
The following is how we store the web server site visit logs (applicable to https://farcana.com
- (i) To throttle the rate of requests and prevent certain types of attacks against us, we track the incoming IP addresses for very short periods of time and is then released.
- (ii) By default, we do NOT store identifiable 'x-forwarded-for' originating IPs during your site visit in the Web Server site visits logs.
- (iii) However in the event of certain types of third-party attacks, general server/application troubleshooting or other related reasons, we might temporarily activate the 'x-forwarded-for' logging.
- (iv) As part of our routine server maintenance, all raw web server site visit logs are retained for a minimum of 5 days only and then purged on an automated scheduled basis.